Villa AmengualRegión de Aysén
General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo
About 58 kilometers north of Villa Mañihuales, passing by the Cisnes River canyon in the shadow of 2,095 meter Cerro Alto Nevado, Villa Amengual dates from 1983; it owes its existence to the Carretera Austral. A few kilometers south, an eastward gravel road goes through the valley to the settlement of La Tapera and is rarely used border crossing to Argentina.
Distinguished by its shingled chapel, built in the style of immigrants from Chiloém, Villa Amengual is a popular stop for cyclists, as one of few places with food and accommodations between Mañihuales and Puerto Puyuhuapi; it is another rustic terrain 60 kilometers north.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- It's an area of immense beauty with the remoteness that people expect from Patagonia
- There are some of the best fly-fishing lodges
- Great hotsprings
- You can find lands laden with lush vegetation or layered in fields of ice
- Few accommodation options
- Towns along the way are few and far between
- Some parts of the highway are deserted
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Puyuhuapi Lodge||219 USD|
|Loberias del Sur||180 USD|
|Yelcho Patagonia||3000 USD|
|Hacienda Tres Lagos||276 USD|
Northem Patagonia Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip >>
- Fly Fishing 4 day / 3 nights
- Trekking 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights