Trancura RiverRegión de la Araucania
Trancura Alto River
The river begins at Lake Quillehue and its waters are clean and crystal clear. It is well known as a river for rafting, starting at around 14 kms. To the east of Pucón. The descent from the top of the river takes about 3 hours from the time you leave Pucón until your return. Rafting on the upper river, known as Alto Trancura, takes about an hour and a half, and has some strong rapids.
Trancura Bajo River
The lowest descent is ideal for family trips, as there are exciting rapids, but they are not considered dangerous. These rapids are mostly grade 2 or 3, with wonderful views, the river flows through beautiful forests. It is also a great place to practice fly fishing. Moderate rapids are safe for children over 10 years of age who can swim.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Easy access to every kind of outdoor sport imaginable
- Beautiful location between a volcano and lake
- Quality accommodations and restaurants
- Expect price gouging during the summer
- During summer is overrun with tourists
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Gran Hotel Pucon||103 USD|
|Termas Huife||213 USD|
|Villarrica Park Lake||237 USD|
Pucon Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip >>
- Highlights 4 day / 3 nights
- Discover 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights