Located 100 km from San Pedro de Atacama, this place used to be important for its gold mines, which were located near the border. Today it is characterized by its typical Atacama cuisine. This village has about 380 inhabitants, and is mainly engaged in agriculture and non-metallic mining.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Breathtaking desert landscapes
- A wide variety of tourist attractions and things to do
- Countless unique accommodation options to choose from
- Chic bohemian vibe
- High season can be crowded
- Altitude can be a problem for some people (2.400 mts a.s.l)
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Casa Don Tomás||133 USD|
|Alto Atacama||398 USD|