SAN FRANCISCO CHURCHRegion Metropolitana, Central Chile
San Francisco churh was built in 1586, which makes it the oldest colonial building of Santiago. Its thick walls have resisted huge magnitude earthquakes, although the clock tower was finished in 1857, being the fourth oldest standing construction. In the main altar look for the beautiful carving of Socorro Virgin, that the foundator of Santiago, Pedro de Valdivia, brought to Chile in his conquering mission of 1540 to protect himself against the attacks.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- The beach, wineyards and skiing resorts within 90 minute reach of Santiago
- One of a kind location lying below the Andes range
- Amazing and relatively inexpensive restaurants
- Rich cultural life
- Quality of the air
- Traffic jams
Somewhere Special To Stay
|The Ritz-Carlton||344 USD|
|Le Reve||224 USD|
|The Aubrey||240 USD|
|Altiplanico San Alfonso||280 USD|
Santiago Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip...
- Highlights 4 day / 3 nights
- Discover 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights