When returning from the Tatio Geysers, you can visit the small town of Atacama, located over 4,000 meters high and practically deserted because of the dramatic migration of families to neighboring towns, a situation that has been reversed, little by little, thanks to various infrastructure projects by the Municipality of San Pedro de Atacama. This can be seen with the return of some families, the revival of agricultural, tourism and pastoral activities as well as the resumption of cheese production. You can try the fried empanadas and llama kebabs. Machuca is a pretty little group of marshes where families of flamingos, ducks and seagulls live, it is well worth the visit.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Breathtaking desert landscapes
- A wide variety of tourist attractions and things to do
- Countless unique accommodation options to choose from
- Chic bohemian vibe
- High season can be crowded
- Altitude can be a problem for some people (2.400 mts a.s.l)
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Casa Don Tomás||133 USD|
|Alto Atacama||398 USD|