Llanquihue National ReserveRegión de los Lagos
It is located 60 km east of Puerto Montt, with a surface area of 33,974 hectares extending over a mountain range separated from the Andes and bordered to the south by Chapo Lake, to the east by Estuario de Reloncaví and to the north by the Petrohué River.
The landscape consists mainly of green forest, with species such as Tepas, mañíos, coigües, thiazides, and quilas lumas. The fauna, on the other hand, consists mainly of mammals such as pumas, guiñas, pudúes and wild cats, among others. It is also home to birds such as geese, peucos, black-necked swans, hawks and condors.
There is a hike of 8 kilometers that ends in the Calbuco volcano and begins at Rio Blanco. You can stay in the rustic CONAF refuge, located at the foot of the volcano.
Possible activities in the park:
- Mountaineering : You can practice in both rocky sectors and in snowy one, but with a low degree of difficulty. The altitude reaches 5,000 meters.
- Trekking: Walks can last several days and landscapes include mountains and natural areas, all paths are organized into stages to know the landscape, fauna, flora and native communities of the area from an anthropological point of view.
- Flora and fauna observations: it consists of a walk through natural areas to admire the animals and flowers.
- Bird observations: flight, behavior and habitat are observed.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Full of tiny seafood restaurants and crafts shops
- Next to Chiloé Island
- There isn't much to see or do here
- Not scenic city
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Don Luis Business||83 USD|
|Holiday Inn Express||126 USD|
|Patagonico Hotel||190 USD|
|Arrebol Patagonia||200 USD|
Lake District Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip >>
- Highlights 4 day / 3 nights
- Discover 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights