Elizalde LakeRegión de Aysén
General Carlos Ibáñez del Campo
With an area equivalent to 2,500 hectares, the Elizalde Lake is the most well known lake in the Aisén Region. It forms part of a group of 5 lakes that flow westwards, to Puerto Aisén. You can reach this place heading through a gravel road.
This lake measures an average of 25. km in length and 2 km in width, and is surrounded by dense forests of Chiloe's Coigue and Lenga Beech. Its features make it an ideal location for recreational activities that allow you to explore the area, do some trout fishing, horseriding or bike excursions. There's also an area for camping or finding refuge, and "La Cascada" inn.
Near the west shore of the lake, you will find the Caro Lake. You can arrive at both lakes in small vessels.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- It's an area of immense beauty with the remoteness that people expect from Patagonia
- There are some of the best fly-fishing lodges
- A lot of great outdoor activities
- You can find lands laden with lush vegetation or layered in fields of ice
- Few accommodation options
- Towns along the way are few and far between
- Some parts of the highway are deserted
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Puyuhuapi Lodge||219 USD|
|Loberias del Sur||180 USD|
|Yelcho Patagonia||3000 USD|
|Hacienda Tres Lagos||276 USD|
Northem Patagonia Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip >>
- Fly Fishing 4 day / 3 nights
- Trekking 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights