Chile BayRegion de Magallanes
This bay is located on Greenwich Island in the Southern Plains. This is where the first Chilean Antarctic Territory settlement was, Arturo Prat naval base, and it is here where you can visit the Comodoro Federico Guesalaga Toro museum. Because of its great scientific interest, a sector of the bay is classified as "Antarctic Specially Protected Area '(ASPA) No. 144, here also lies the Marine Science Station, where biologists conduct research oceanographic and surveys of birds and mammals. To reach King George Island bay, you must cross the Bransfield Strait in a Zodiac boat type.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Amazing views
- Exclusive and unique destination
- Quiet place, if you enjoy peace go to end of the world
- You have to go on a cruise (no choices)
- Expensive and difficult to get there
- In the summer the daylight is quite long