Ahu TahaiRegión de Valparaiso
This is a group of altars that were used for ceremonies, located 1.5 km from Hanga Roa. It is the best restored archeological site near to the city. It consists of three ahu; Kote Riku in the north, Tahai in the center and Vai Uri in the south, you can see the foundation of a house made of an upturned boat, and a stone structure with thick walls, Hare Maoa. The latter is said to have been used as a chicken house and Paina, or ceremonial site. There is also a fireplace dug into the earth which was used for cooking meals. There are other caves with stone walls and eight entrance tunnels.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Unique place
- A lot of mysteries and great culture
- The great Rapa Nui Statues
- Beautiful Landscapes
- During Tapati festival you can experience the Rapa Nui culture
- It can get crowded during the summer months
- There are few good hotels
- Is a expensive destination
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Gomero Hotel||192 USD|
|Otai Hotel||129 USD|