Explora Easter IslandRapa Nui,
The design is intended to have minimal impact on its surroundings. The lodge is built on a site which is inappropriate for agricultural use and has no archaeological remains. The flora surrounding the lodge has been maintained intact.
All of the 30 rooms, which extend to the north and south from a central building, have excellent ocean views. The lodge has welcoming indoor spaces, which integrate aspects of the local culture.
The Explora lodge was the first in South America to obtain LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification from the United States Green Building Council. The Hotel was built on 9.6 hectares (23.7 acres) of land situated on a hill in the Te Miro Oone area, overlooking the ocean. This is in southeastern Rapa Nui, 8 kilometers (4.9 miles) from Hanga Roa, the most populated part of the island.
Explora hotel has 30 comfortable rooms, all of them designed to maximize silence and privacy. The sophisticated design uses pinewood and earth-colored concrete for the floor. Each room has a small living area, hydro massage bath and beds designed for deep, pleasurable sleep after a day of exploration. Finally, the hotel provides you with a unique treat: the rooms are television-free.
Swimming pool and Hare Taheta massage room
A few meters from the lodge you will find an open area with swimming pool, solar-heated jacuzzi and bar. To one side and connected with this area by a walkway is Hare Taheta, a place where you can enjoy various types of massage, such as relaxation and therapeutic, using different essential oils. All this in addition to fantastic views of the expansive Pacific Ocean.
Luxury of the essential is the concept behind the food we prepare. The hotel seeks to enhance the original flavors of selected ingredients, avoiding excess and alteration. The cuisine offers pure flavors based on the best-quality ingredients, many of which are produced locally. It is healthy and well balanced, ideal for people going trekking or on explorations by bicycle or at sea
Explora Easter IslandRapa Nui,
Explora Rapa Nui offers more than 15 different explorations. On foot or by bicycle, for a couple of hours or a full day, gentle or more physically demanding. The range of explorations enable you to get to know in depth the culture and geography of Rapa Nui with its ancestral, megalithic constructions and the special idiosyncrasies of its people.
More extensive explorations include open-air picnics. The explorations are safe and made up of groups with a maximum of 8 people, accompanied by an expert bilingual guide. All our guides speak excellent Spanish and English and some also speak French and German.
Each afternoon, one of the guides will meet with you in the lodge bar to tell you about the explorations planned for the following day and help you with the challenging task of choosing between different options, all of them exciting. The hotel guides hold substantial knowledge about the area and all have Wilderness First Responder (WFR) certification, which ensures that they have the expertise and skills necessary to provide assistance to people in remote places.
- All Inclusive
- Available PC
- Boat Tours
- Central Air Conditioning
- Conference Room
- Ecological Visits
- General uses Room
- Gift Shop
- Hot Tub
- Internet – Wi-Fi
- Living Room
- Maid Service
- Massage service
- Non smoking room
- Parking lot
- Reading Room
- Safe Box
- Shuttle Service
- Swimming pool
- Transfers IN/OUT
- TV Room
- Water Sports
Rates per person
The following rates are applicable until March 31st 2011
- Transfers between local airport and your explora destination. Transfer schedules subject to change without prior notice. Inquire about transfer schedules at each explora destination.
- Atacama Accommodations.
- Full board. 3 Meals per day. Bar.
- Daily explorations with bilingual guides and equipment; boats, horses,vehicles and bicycles (max group size: 10 explorers per guide).
- Children under the age of 3 complimentary when sharing room with their parents.
- Rates are per person expressed in USD dollars and subject to change without prior notice.
- Rates in USD dollars are tax exempt according to decree D.L 825 art. 12 for guests who are foreigners, not residents of Chile and pay in dollars.
- This information replaces and voids all previous communications.
- Special rates for youngsters (up to 18 years old) accompanying their parents are subject to availability based in double, triple or quadruple occupancy.
- Additional bed for children (4 to 12 years old) sharing their parent's room. Maximum one extra bed per room.
- Checking in to the hotel Check-in is at 3:00 P.M. but can be earlier depending on availability. Early morning arrival to the hotel is recommended. explora will take care of the luggage until room is given.
- Checking out This day is intended to be an exploration day. explora recommends to make air flights reservations leaving Calama after 6:00 P.M. When leaving in the morning for a full exploration day, or when leaving the hotel for an afternoon exploration, explorawill take care of the luggage. Checking out must be before noon, but guests can have lunch at the hotel (included in the program).
|iCATEGORYiTravelChile rank based on: hotel category, services, facilities and rooms|
|ADDRESS||Colina Te Miro Oone|
|CHECK IN/OUT||15:00 / 12:00|
Explora Rapa Nui part of the luxury chain Explora, opened in December 2007. It was built on 9.6 hectares of land situated on a hill in the Te Miro Oone area, overlooking the ocean. This is in southeastern Rapa Nui, 8 kilometers from Hanga Roa, the most populated part of the island. .
- Great common areas with a luxury type of decor
- Incredible rooms, with huge windows.
- Great facilities and amenities
- Located in an isolated place, too far from town
- Irregular guide service
- Staff can be passive