Pucón and VillaricaRegión de la Araucania
Pucón is where tourists go while Villarrica is where the locals live. It is a quiet town that has never become a vacation spot, despite the view of the volcano being much better from here. There is little chance of good and cheap accommodation. Pucón is nationally and internationally known as the adventure capital of Chile, it offers a multitude of outdoor activities like rafting, hiking, skiing, canyoning, kayaking and fly fishing. There is also a lot of hot springs nearby and guests can hike through magnificent scenery.
Villarrica has its own charm, it is a typical and authentic village in Los Lagos region, which makes it more attractive for some travelers. The activities at the center of the city correspond to the daily activities of the citizens. Villarica is also close to Temuco and other tourist hotspots such as Lican Ray, Panguipulli, Coñaripe and the geometric hot springs.
How Much Do We Love This Place?
- Easy access to every kind of outdoor sport imaginable
- Beautiful location between a volcano and lake
- Quality accommodations and restaurants
- Expect price gouging during the summer
- During summer is overrun with tourists
Somewhere Special To Stay
|Gran Hotel Pucon||103 USD|
|Termas Huife||213 USD|
|Villarrica Park Lake||237 USD|
Pucon Best Selling TripsFind your perfect trip >>
- Highlights 4 day / 3 nights
- Discover 5 day / 4 nights
- Signature 5 day / 4 nights